Want a trip to Rishikesh that will give you goosebumps? The Exotic view over the Ganges and the adorable scenery of the city is exciting to watch. Creating wild memories in this amazing city is simple as you will find many adventure activities here. One such adventure is White Water River Rafting in Rishikesh.
Rafting on the Ganges is the perfect combination of travel, thrill, adventure, memories, insane stories and wild experiences. It allows adventure junkies to explore hidden nooks of the city by experiencing the giant waves of the Ganges. With this pious river flowing in the city, the destination is the best for White Water River Rafting in India.
Rishikesh River Rafting comes up with four stretches which you can opt as per your choice. These 4 stretches is depending upon the length and waves of the river Ganges. Let’s have a look at these 4 stretches:
Brahampuri to Rishikesh River Rafting
The shortest rafting trip starts from Brahampuri and ends at Rishikesh (Nim Beach). This is the easiest rafting stretch with fewer rapids which even the novice can do. Fewer rapids don’t mean less excitement, this stretch also offers you great exhilaration and is suitable for people of all age groups (allowed to do rafting). Water splashes while rafting in this stretch hypes your adventure and excitement.
- Distance – 9 km
- Rapids – Double Trouble, Sweet Sixteen, Body Surfing, Initiation, Hilton, Terminator
- Grades of Rapids – Grade I & II
- Approx Time Taken – 2-3 hours
- Cost – Approx INR 600/-
Shivpuri to Rishikesh River Rafting
The most chosen rafting stretch by travelers and local junkies is Shivpuri to Rishikesh (Nim Beach), which is 16 km. The rapids, one will experience are of intermediate to difficulty level but are enough to produce thrill inside you. This stretch is neither too easy and at the same time nor too tough, so a novice can also experience this rafting stretch.
- Distance – 16 km
- Rapids – Double Trouble, Roller Coaster, Return to Sender, Hilton, Terminator, Golf Course, Club House
- Grades of Rapids – Grade II & III
- Approx Time – 3-4 hours
- Cost – Approx INR 900/-
Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting
This 24 km stretch from Marine Drive to Nim Beach takes you on a memorable and thrilling adventurous ride. One needs a lot of strength and enthusiasm while rafting through this magical stretch. There are approx 10-14 rapids in this rafting stretch. Those who already tried rafting and want to explore more of it should definitely go through this stretch. Besides generating thrill and excitement, Marine Drive to Rishikesh rafting also offers beautiful scenery.
- Distance – 24 km
- Rapids – Double Trouble, Roller Coaster, Cross Fire, Three Blind Mice, Return to Sender, Hilton, Terminator, Golf Course, Club House, Shivpuri Rapid, Black Money
- Grades of Rapids – Grade I, II, III & IV
- Approx Time Taken – 4-5 hours
- Cost – Approx INR 1500/-
Kaudiyala to Rishikesh River Rafting
The longest rafting stretch in Rishikesh is 36 km from Kaudiyala to Nim Beach. One faces the toughest and exciting rapids in this stretch which surely makes your rafting journey a memorable one. There are about 13-16 rapids in this stretch. This stretch demands years of expertise and thrill in your body. It is mostly for those well-trained rafters who want to explore more, loads of determination and skills are needed to cover this rafting stretch.
- Rafting – 36 km
- Rapids – The Wall, Daniel’s Dip, Eddy Whirlpool, Double Trouble, Roller Coaster, Cross Fire, Three Blind Mice, Return to Sender, Hilton, Terminator, Golf Course, Club House
- Grades of Rapids – Grade I, II, III, IV & V
- Approx Time Taken – around 7 hours
- Cost – Approx INR 2500/-
River Rafting Season in Rishikesh
Rafting in Rishikesh is closed only during monsoon season, that is, during July, August, and September in Rishikesh.